If you’re getting ready to graduate nursing school, you have probably started to think about the NCLEX.
The NCLEX is the final step standing between you and your nursing license that you’ve worked so hard for all these years.
The NCLEX uses computer adaptive testing which is probably different from the tests that you’re used to taking. This, plus the fact that it’s an important test, can make the NCLEX seem daunting, and it’s normal to feel anxious.
According to statistics from the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN), more than 1 out of 4 candidates will fail the NCLEX on the first try, and it can be devastating.
You can increase your chances of passing the NCLEX on your first try by using a high-quality NCLEX Review program.
Essential NCLEX Review Program Features
We’ve tested all the major NCLEX review programs, and we believe that there are several features every program absolutely NEEDS to have to be considered a good program.
- Good programs need to have a high passing rate that is significantly higher than the NCSBN average passing rate… otherwise, there is no way to know if the program does anything at all, and in that case, it’s probably a waste of money.
- Any good program should have a 100% money-back guarantee. If a company does not stand behind their product and offer a guarantee, then they do not believe in their program, and neither should you.
- Good programs should be competitively priced according to the features they offer. For example, if a program only has practice questions, it should not cost the same as a program that has practice questions AND content review.
We have partnered with several of our favorite NCLEX review programs and are able to offer you coupon codes on some of their products to save you money! Here’s our list of the programs we like the most and why.
1. Archer Review
Archer is the best value NCLEX review program that we’ve ever tested, and it’s quickly becoming one of the most popular options on the market!
In a 4-way comparison between Archer, Hurst, Nursing.com, and UWorld, Archer came out on top with the highest total score. Archer performed incredibly well in all the categories that make up a great NCLEX program and it’s one of our top recommendations for most people.
Here are some highlights about Archer Review:
- 99% Passing rate
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Computer adaptive testing (CAT) readiness assessments
- Best value for money program by far
Archer Coupon Code
Use promo code NURSEJANX to SAVE 15% OFF any Archer combo program!
This discount applies to all NCLEX RN and PN combo programs, and can be used in combination with existing discounts for even more savings!!
2. Hurst Review
Hurst Review is another one of our favorite programs, and we think it has the best content review out of all the programs we’ve tested! If you really need the best content review possible, then Hurst is our top recommendation.
Here are some highlights about Hurst Review:
- 98% passing rate
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Best in class content review
- Great reviews from the nursing community
Hurst Review Coupon Codes
Hurst Now and Hurst Now Plus Discount Code
Use coupon code nursejanxhurstonline to save $10 on Hurst Now and Hurst Now Plus
Hurst Live and Hurst N-Stream Discount Code
Use coupon code nursejanxhurstlive to save $20 on Hurst Live and Hurst N-Stream
3. Nurse Plus Academy
Nurse Plus Academy has the best practice question bank that we’ve tested with some of the most realistic NCLEX questions available! It’s not a full-featured NCLEX program, but if practice questions are all you want, then Nurse Plus is our top recommendation.
When we compared Nurse Plus to UWorld and Archer for just practice questions, it got the highest score, closely followed by Archer Review. Both programs absolutely blew UWorld out of the water, and considering that both Nurse Plus and Archer are WAY cheaper than UWorld, both are an easy choice to recommend.
Here are some highlights about Nurse Plus Academy:
- 2500+ Practice Questions
- Very affordable starting at $49
- CAT Style NCLEX Simulations
- 100% Money-Back Guarantee
Nurse Plus Academy Coupon Code
Use promo code NURSEJANX to SAVE 20% OFF any subscription to Nurse Plus Academy!
Nursing.com is a great option for current nursing students who not only want an NCLEX program but also want help with nursing school.
They have several programs that are specifically targeted to what you need like pre-nursing school, nursing school, NCLEX preparation, and even post-grad.
If you choose to bundle Nursing.com products, you can get a better deal that will offer significant savings.
Their NCLEX product comes with the following:
- 200% money-back guarantee (yes, you read that correctly… it’s crazy awesome)
- 99.8% passing rate
Unfortunately, we do not have a coupon code for Nursing.com at this time, but we still recommend their products.
Honorable Mention: Brainscape
Brainscape is not marketed as a full-featured NCLEX program, but it is a great option for those who really like flashcards.
This can apply to nursing students as well as NCLEX studiers… if you like flashcards, Brainscape is for you!
Brainscape Coupon Code
Use coupon code NURSEJANX to Save 25% OFF Brainscape Flashcards
What about UWorld?
UWorld is a very popular NCLEX program but there are several reasons why we don’t think they are the best option.
- No money-back-guarantee – this a HUGE red flag
- Low passing rate (96.4%) compared to the competition – at least they finally say what it is now
- Expensive – VERY high prices for ONLY practice questions makes it a low value program
In reviews, most people favored Archer Review to UWorld when directly compared.
Not only was Archer Review WAY cheaper, but the questions are on par with UWorld, and you also get more features like content review, and computer adaptive testing (CAT) assessments.
For all of these reasons, we simply cannot recommend UWorld.
Hopefully, this can help you make your decision about which program is the best for you. Good luck!